Funny Happy Birthday Wishes
Birthdays are special to all of us. If anyone forgets to wish you on your day, chances are high that you will never forget that they didn’t. It is important to wish loved ones, friends and family on their special day and put a smile on their face. Birthday wishes make people feel loved and remembered. A call, text or even a Facebook message goes a long way in saying “we care”. A simple call at midnight to wish “Happy Birthday” or a bouquet of flowers with a card and chocolates does the trick.
But then again that is all cliché. Isn’t it much more fun when you can poke others about turning older? People are taking to funny birthday wishes to make the other person smile from ear to ear. It is effective, simple and can go on to be one of the most memorable wishes.
These are some funny and witty messages that you can share on social media or send to someone out on a birthday ecard, SMS or via e-mail on their special day.
- At least you’re not as old as you will be next year! Happy Birthday!
- Enjoy every moment, smile, be happy and remember one thing: today is the most special day of the year, so live it to the fullest!
- Better to be over the ground than under it. Happy Birthday!
- It’s proven that at the age 41 you start to lose your memory. We can only hope!
- Hey, though it’s older, but yet it’s not better yet. Have a wonderful birthday.
- It’s nice to be young, healthy and full of energy. Do you remember what that used to feel like?
- Since the dawn of time, you have been here! Today, is no different!
- Your beard may be gray, your wrinkles may be deep, but hey, at least there is cake!
- Here is hoping that toupee and girdle works out for you! Happy Birthday, old man!
Longer Funny Birthday Wishes
- We all knew this day was coming, it’s not bad luck, its nature. It’s best to just suck it up and accept the truth. It’s no longer acceptable for you to eat a happy meal in public. Happy Birthday!
- Mum, it’s that time of year again! You do make it hard for us, don’t you?! You never chose a favorite cake for us to get, or special thing for us to do. You can never give us a list of things you want or favorite meal for us to prepare! You are the hardest woman on earth to please! For these reasons we were forced to make it up, so don’t blame us if the day is not up to scratch! Happy Birthday to the world’s biggest fence-sitting mum!
- Not quite an adult, but no longer a child. This is one of the toughest ages of your life. You have most of life’s firsts to look forward to, and a whole mess of early mistakes to leave behind. Let me give you one single piece of advice, that I wish someone had told me when I was your age: Stay away from bad boys.
- You made it! You are now officially old! Maybe no one else has the guts to let you know, but don’t worry. In my opinion you’ll make a sexy grey fox for sure!
- Another year, another birthday to organize, another headache. You better get used to headaches; they become more and more common when pushing middle age!
- You may be just a one year old baby! So you can’t read this message yet! But since we have Twitter, Facebook and the Cloud, doing this kind of thing now makes sense!
- Last year it was a nice dinner at a fantastic hotel, the year before we went to Vegas, and now this year you’re just staying in? I guess the rumors are true, old age does ruin people. Happy Birthday! Have a good one!
- I never celebrate my birthday with a huge party, and you always ask me why. While tomorrow you will be surrounded by mess and a pile of huge hospitality bills, I will be enjoying a nice quiet lie in. That’s why.
- If you are hung over, struggle to think clearly and suffer a terrible headache in the morning, don’t worry. It only means you’ve had one of the best nights of your life!
- If you were a boy I would be telling you to have a great time, not to be shy, to be brave, talk to everyone and not to get into too much trouble! But since you’re a girl I’m obliged to remind you that talking to strangers is a bad idea. Stay away from all naughty looking boys and don’t get into any trouble at all! Enjoy!
- You should see your age as something to boast about, not worry over. The next time someone makes an age joke at you, remind them that you’ve been around longer than they’ve been able to walk, and if they make it to half your age, they should consider themselves lucky!
- To the world’s greatest dad, you make me laugh, you keep me fed, you brush my hair and buy me clothes. So I guess it’s only fair that I return the favor and spoil you this one day of the year! Don’t expect big things though, please remember I’m only small. Happy Birthday.
- If ‘only the good die young’,…..I’m afraid you’re going to be celebrating a few more birthdays.
Short Funny Birthday Wishes
- Another year to prove that older doesn’t really mean wiser. Happy birthday!
- Going old happens. Growing up is a choice. Happy Birthday.
- Happy Birthday. You’re one step closer to diapers being mandatory!
- I made a list about the words of wisdom I wanted to give you for your birthday. It’s still blank. Maybe next year.
- May all your birthday wishes come true — except for the illegal ones!
We thought we would get the right amount of candles to put on your cake this year, but quickly ran out of space. Happy Birthday!
- One of the best pieces of advice in life is “you have to appreciate the little things”. That said, I know that spotting little things is easier said than done at your age! Happy Birthday!
- Seeing as I usually forget everyone’s birthdays, you should consider it a miracle that I’m sending you this message. Happy Birthday!
- It’s about time one of us turned 18! Drinks are on you, then! Happy Birthday!
- Don’t let your age get you down, it won’t be long until you are allowed to start learning to drive. But until then, on your bike! Happy Birthday!
- To my brother who still owes me several big ones. I didn’t get you a gift this year, so let’s call it even. Happy Birthday!
- Ain’t no Cake Big Enough! | Funny Birthday Wishes for Older and Younger Brothers
- I can’t believe how big you’re getting! Long gone are the days when I could steal cake from your plate and no one would ever be the wiser. Happy Birthday!
- Don’t you think it’s about time we grew up a bit and stopped painting the town? I know exactly what you’ll say. Next year. Happy Birthday!
- I’m not a fan of overly sweet messages as you know, birthdays are for fun! So let’s ditch the old folks later and get out and about like we used to! Happy Birthday!
- Oh yeah, one more year to annoy everyone you know. Happy Birthday, anyway!…
- I hope you have low expectations for your meal and cake this year, I hear dad’s having a go at being the chef. Happy Birthday!
- Happy Birthday, you’re closer to seeing another century pass.
- Your LOL Message! | Funny Birthday Wishes for a Friend
- One more year to pretend you’re old enough to care about people around you.
- You’re not old. You’re just old enough to know better and not old enough to care. Happy Birthday!
- The emergency department is on speed dial just in case you have an unexpected asthma attack blowing the candles.
- Party like it’s 1959, when you could still dance and drink alcohol without ending up you to the hospital.
- Remember when we stayed up late running from the law? No? Good. I don’t either. Happy Birthday oldie!
- It’s your birthday, but make sure you get all your present before you offend everyone.
- Today is your birthday, the only day you’re allowed to say things that you’d regret on any other day.
- Oh yeah! You’re getting closer to the age when the government sends you money every month. Happy Birthday!
- Statistics show that people who live longer have more birthdays, costing us more money for presents!
- If you counted your birthday in dog years, you’d now be a teenager! Happy Birthday.
- Another year to kick your bucket list to the curb.
- Happy birthday! Here’s to being immature for a lifetime.
- As your younger sister, it’s only right for me to remind you on your birthday that you’re still older than me. Ha!
- When I reach your age I’ll still younger than you, you dinosaur! Happy bday!
- Today is the start of the rest of your life. What? You’re how old. Revise: Today is the start of the oldest part of your life.